Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Anyone out there running PIX 515 ? - Trying to determne newest IOS I can run

From: "James Burns" <terminallyconfused () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 11:13:04 +0100

Hi Charles,

Not entirely the same, but I've recently upgraded a 535 to version 7. I've
just checked the release notes, and they say that it is possible to install
version 7 for a 515, with the following requirements:

Min. Software Requirements: PIX version 6.2. If running on a version prior
to 6.2, you must first upgrade to 6.2 before upgrading to version 7.
Min. Memory: 64MB for Restricted (R) licence. 128MB for Unrestricted (UR) or
Failover (FO) licences. I think the 515 (by default) had 32MB for R
licences, and 64MB for UR and FO, so you may need to upgrade here.

Everything else should be fine.

Hope this helps.
Kind regards,
James