Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: [Administrivia] List settings

From: Paul Robertson <proberts () patriot net>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:27:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 16 May 2006, Jim Seymour wrote:

Yes, the address the list sends from has changed, ...
[snip]

Funny, I would've *sworn* you sent the list an announcement about
that a week ago.

Ah, I mean the LHS of the address, that wasn't obvious from the fact that
the RHS was changing.  I'd noticed it once I'd put something through, as
it changes how I filter things in my client.  I should have been clearer,
but didn't see the left hand side change until the message about the RHS
changing.

At least the list now lives on a real system instead of the "box that used
to live under my desk until someone needed a list set up faster than the
then-IT group could do it."

Since I haven't worked there in ~18 months, I just got the "we're moving
things" messages.  They did a great job though, and now the MM version is
current, I'm taking advantage of it.  I used to have to wade through
hundreds of spam postings to get to a real message, that took time,
especially if I was out of commission or out of contact for a while.  Now
it's much, much easier.

Paul