Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blocking Video/Audio Streaming

From: "Mathew Want" <mathew.want () ac3 com au>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 09:30:50 +1000

Hi.

Pix can't as far as I know as it is a packet filter only. It makes its
decision based on source and destination, not content as it has (or at least
had) no application layer gateway (ALG) inspection ability. If you want to
control content like that you probably want to look at a proxy
server/firewall or content filter that is able to see if the traffic is in
fact HTTP or !HTTP and allow or deny based on this.

My best guess anyway......

Mat