Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Mis-attribution - Re: How automate firewall tests

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 08:34:16 -0600

On 11/15/06, Crispin Cowan <crispin () novell com> wrote:
<snip>

I'm not in favor of paternalistic governments either, but there are
cases for mandatory controls:
<snip>

My personal favorite paternalistic government issue: drugs. I want all
drugs legalized; the expense to society to try to control weed, heroin,
meth, etc. greatly exceed the damage caused by these substances. OTOH, I
want *strong* controls on antibiotics: idiots abusing antibiotics breed
antibiotic-resistant germs, which threaten all of us.

Caveat: my views on drug controls, and pretty much anything else, do not
reflect Novell's views.

Crispin

Man, I need a couple of you guys on my other "security" lists...