Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Concentrator inside of paired failover firewalls.

From: "Horvath, Kevin M." <KEVIN.M.HORVATH () saic com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:28:08 -0400

Sorry but I don't understand why you have anything between the two firwalls?
You are just introducing another piece of hardware that can fail.  What type
of firewalls are you running?  Such as in the case of pix's you should only
have once xover cable between them that acts as the heartbeat and can fail
everything over to the secondary firewall.  Please elaborate.