Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: ***SPAM*** Re: IPv6 support in firewalls

From: ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 02:32:44 +0400

It will probaly take a week of my sole work to convert OpenFWTK to IPv6
and two more weeks for testing. The real question is should i waste 3 weeks
of my time?

On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 05:06:55PM -0400, Dave Piscitello wrote:

Having said this, I agree with much of what you say about writing an
IPv6 firewall. Aside from writing secure code for the IPv6 kernel, a big
chunk of the work is deciding what of the IPv6 datagram header pose
security threats and how you intend to use or dispose of them. Vendors
who wrote ALGs/proxies may in fact have some advantage over "intensely,
pervasively and ecumenically stateful inspection" (aye, Cap'n).