Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Check Point NG FP3 HF2 on Solaris 5.8

From: "Robby Cauwerts" <robby () cauwerts be>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 01:00:32 +0200

On 7/20/07, Robert Fenech <robertfenech () gmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I am encountering a problem when it comes to install a policy on an NG FP3
HF2 firewall running on an old Solaris 5.8 machine.

Primarily when the policy is about to be installed I get the message
"Failed to install policy.  Please make sure that Firewall-1 services are
running...".

Try a cprestart or cpstop/cpstart on the fw module ( be aware of the impact
on your traffic/remote mgmt of the fw!).
And then try to push the policy again a few times.

If this doesn't solve the problem try to debug cpd and fwd (check CP
knowledgebase or post a reply).

Br.
Robby