Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Conundrum - IGMP and IPSec

From: Chris Myers <clmmacunix () charter net>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:28:39 -0600

Either one will do the multicast. You can build GRE tunnels, which in
a source to receiver (i.e. star topology 4 hosts = 4 tunnels and the
1 source has 4 tunnels). You can do the same in a full mesh, but you
will have to build a tunnel for each receiver to each receiver (4
hosts = 32 tunnels). This is the old way.  You will have to tunnel
the IGMP I believe over the VPN as it will not handle IGMP traffic. I
may be wrong on that.

Try these also:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk828/
technologies_tech_note09186a00800a9a3d.shtml
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1835/
products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca794.html

Thanks,
Chris