Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Odd Cisco ASA question. . .

From: "Jason Gervia" <level7online () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:15:36 -0400

Look up subinterfaces and same-security-traffic permit intra-interface.  One
of those should point you in the right direction.

On 6/8/07, Keith A. Glass <salgak () speakeasy net> wrote:

Here's my situation: I'm having to replace several old Cyberguard KS-1500s
with new Cisco ASA 5500's.  Problem is, it appears a LOT of my filtering is
over a single interface.

It doesn't help that we're on an entirely private network, and subnets
have been added willy-nilly.

And re-organizing the network is NOT a player.

Suggestions ?  Other than "Down, not across", that is. . . .