Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: IP Ranges

From: "Fetch, Brandon" <bfetch () tpg com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 20:22:21 -0400

Object groups is where I was headed.  The groups can take on networks,
hosts, ports and can then be used in place of where an ACL would go.

I happen to use object groups to define a block of allowed inbound
sources and use that to define the ACL as the source.

Keeps me from having to selectively manage an ACL.  The ACL stays put
and I merely mange the group.

HTH,

Brandon