Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewalls that generate new packets..

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () ranum com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 15:34:37 -0500

lordchariot () embarqmail com wrote:
Let's say I need to cross the US-Canada border. If I drive, I get to the
border crossing, show my passport, talk to the guard and explain where/why
I'm going and usually just continue with a 'Have a Nice Visit' Comment. If
they are a 'Deep Inspection' border guard, sometimes they open the trunk to
take a peak inside, but since I'm not that suspicious, I've never had my
luggage opened despite the fact I could easily have smuggled contraband.

...and...
If they are an "intrusion prevention" border guard, they stop you
if you have one of those yellow signs in the window that says
"Terrorist Inside."

mjr.