Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Scheduling PIX commands

From: "Lord Sporkton" <lordsporkton () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 19:19:08 -0700

I know its a good idea to be with in reboot distance of a device if
you are changing the configuration, but if all you are doing is
clearing the xlate table, i dont see how that could go very wrong.

@OP
I could be wrong, but wouldnt 99% of your connections time out and
clear from the xlate table within 24 hours anyway? If you have to wait
till the middle of the night anyway, why not just let it ride out?(not
sure if thats acceptable or not in your situation)

I ask especially because i have considered this many times myself