Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Blackberry MDS Connection Bypassing firewall

From: "Miedaner" <miedaner () twcny rr com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 08:28:29 -0500

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

We will be doing the client side lockdown with policies.  Although for
obvious reasons we really wanted to use a server side solution, and were
hoping that the BES MDS Connectrion service supported fine grained ACL
filtering.  As far as we can tell it is all or none on the TCP ACL for the
MDS connecrion service.

The idea of Blackberries bypassing the firewall and VPN's also makes us want
to move the server into an isolated DMZ so that consistent logging can be
mainteained..

Thanks again.