Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Cisco Security Manager clone?

From: "Glenn Crissman" <gwcrissman () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 00:34:29 -0400

Check out Kiwi Cat Tools. I've used it for a while now and found it to be
quite helpful in a situation like yours. I manage a network with 67 ASA 5505
firewalls in remote offices connected back to a central ASA 5520 via IPSec
VPN. Kiwi works very well to push mass changes to these devices in minutes,
and has a nice handy feature in that you can schedule it to automatically
back up your configs to your management server for safe keeping. Kiwi is by
no means a replacement for CSM but it does a pretty good job.

It will interface to the devices via Telnet, SSH, etc. I personally
interface to my devices via SSH but your mileage and requirements may vary.
It also supports a wide variety of other Cisco devices - switches, routers,
etc. Licensing is by device count.

If I recall correctly you can download an eval copy of it and it will manage
a small set of devices fully functional so you can try it out and see if it
works for what you need.

Hope this helps. Good luck!