Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: SCADA

From: Sam Golden <samsonspecial () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:26:44 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: firewall-wizards-bounces () listserv cybertrust com [mailto:
firewall-wizards-bounces () listserv cybertrust com] On Behalf Of Brian Loe
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 11:18 AM
To: Firewall Wizards Security Mailing List
Subject: Re: [fw-wiz] SCADA

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Kaas, David D <David_D_Kaas () rl gov>
wrote:

How do you answer this without just saying NO?

I have no idea of what the SCADA networks are to which you refer.

What I do know is that not all SCADA networks are critical infrastructure
networks that messing-with would cause a "Great Blackout of 1965" or worse.

Some SCADA networks control one little machine which makes something.

Protecting the National Critical Infrastructure is different from protecting
that one little machine.

And so, one treats access to these two differently according to the risks
and benefits of the access requested.

Regards,

Sammy