Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Who stay focused? (was: [Fwd: Question])

From: Brian Loe <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:44:17 -0500

On Tue, Apr 14, 2009 at 5:10 PM, ArkanoiD <ark () eltex net> wrote:

If the final technical decision is being made by non-technical and
obviously clueless person, you seem to just work in a wrong place.
I'd quit immediately.

DO NOT QUIT!!!!!!!!!!! Have you not been paying attention to the economy?!!!!

Instead use your change management policy to request the changes you
want to make or the access a user wants. Then if bad decisions are
made by other people they are documented as to who is responsible for
the resulting evil!

I could care less what my employer wants to do, so long as I have
informed them of my opinion and accountability for their stupidity has
been assigned to someone else.