Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Query: Role of Firewalls within a SAN environment itself not just the periphery

From: Tracy Reed <treed () ultraviolet org>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:17:23 -0700

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:43:21PM -0500, Fetch, Brandon spake thusly:
I think you may be missing a single key bit of information in your discussion –
fiber channel (FC) layer 2 (L2) is immensely different form Ethernet L2.

I re-read his email so I may have missed it but I don't see where he
ever mentions that he is using fibre channel (FC).

A lot of SANs these days (mine included) run on ethernet. A lot of
people use iSCSI but I currently use and prefer AoE.

And I do have my SAN separated from my DMZ separated from the Internet
with firewalls between each.

--
Tracy Reed