Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Proxies, opensource and the general market: what's wrong with us?

From: david () lang hm
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2011 18:27:16 -0700 (PDT)

one other SSH related thing, a SSH enabled version of cmd-gw

I hacked in support for simple authentication (validating the user with authsrv) and then added the ability to do some tests and simple work through it (do a ps to see what proxies are running, show what the rules are for a given proxy, execute hping2 to see if you can get to the destination on a given port, etc) and it has proven to be a wonderful tool by allowing other teams to execute commands from the firewalls without having to give them local logins. One thing that I have found is that I need the ability to set permissions per command, not just allowing or disallowing users (similar to how ftp-gw could be configured to allow get but not put)

David Lang