Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: OpenBSD IPSEC VPN question

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <paul () compuwar net>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 18:31:45 -0400

I'd expect a connect() to bind implicitly to IP_ADDR_ANY and have the system fill in the source address by default
based on the destination route if the client doesn't specify an explicit bind address and for traffic destined to go
through the VPN to do so- it sounds like it doesn't- but without more data, I'd be wary of troubleshooting it (NAT,
filtering...)

However, I'd also advocate being able to explicitly set the bind() address to prevent data leakage to less-specific
routes in the case of interface or route failure- especially for logs.

Paul
--
President and Chairman, FluidIT Group
Moderator, Firewall-Wizards