IDS mailing list archives

Re: Netscreen IDP

From: Tim Ritterbush <tritterbush () hotmail com>
Date: 21 Oct 2002 15:57:07 -0000

SpyGuy,

I have two of the IDP’s installed.  Before I installed these boxes I
evaluated ISS Real Secure 6.5 and also Snort.  I think both products were
good but I was looking for something that would drop the packet (like a
firewall) instead of sending just a RST.
The install took 20 minutes per box (Gateway Mode) and I was up and
running.  As for the management and reporting, I wish Check Point would
steal some of OneSecure ideas.  The interface is killer for tracking down
different events.   I think the OneSecure Marketing department misses the
boat when it comes this product.  Some of the IDP ‘s best features were
uncovered once I got the box up and running.

If you are interested in any more info send me an email.