IDS mailing list archives

Re: Alert Correlation

From: "SecurIT Informatique Inc." <securit () iquebec com>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 13:10:48 -0400

You can check the documentation from my tool LogIDS 1.0 (download at http://securit.iquebec.com), where I cover the theory behind this tool and how to configure it. It is a new kind of log analysis-based intrusion detection system, gathered from various sources accross the network. This is not "event correlation" in the original meaning of the word, but rather an alternative way to see event correlation. This may gove you a different look on the topic.

Hope it helps.

Floydman