IDS mailing list archives

RE: [Snort-sigs] new Q signature

From: "Hall, Andrew (DPRS)" <AndrewR.hall () aph gov au>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:17:14 +1100

Jon,

If you are seeing something the TTL decement all the way to 1 then you
probably have a routing loop.  Ie are the destinations actually used in
your address space?  If not, what can happen is that your border router
will route the address into your network, while your next device inside
the border router will route it back by its default route.

Just something to check.

Andrew