IDS mailing list archives

misuse detector

From: kitkat <ketaki2901 () hotmail com>
Date: 22 Mar 2003 17:41:02 -0000

hello,

I am working on a misuse detector using neural networks as a part of my
last year project. We r using matlab and have some difficulties.

We have formed the net and trained it with 4 attacks and normal type..we r
giving input from all 5 types together..v have used 3 hidden layers and
150,1500,150 neurons in each respectively.

I have some problems here....with neural networks the principal advantage
is updation is easier but here if v use the same way of giving inputs
together then training the network again with a new attack type will be
very difficult...so i dont know whether this is the actual method of
implementing the detector.

Also with the above combination of layers and neurons we r not getting
satisfactory results---please answer my questions if possible

thank u
ketaki

ALERT: Exploiting Web Applications- A Step-by-Step Attack Analysis
Learn why 70% of today's successful hacks involve Web Application
attacks such as: SQL Injection, XSS, Cookie Manipulation and Parameter
Manipulation.
http://www.spidynamics.com/mktg/webappsecurity71