IDS mailing list archives

RE: Host Based IDS Recommendations?

From: Alvin Wong <alvin.wong () b2b com my>
Date: 16 Oct 2003 10:03:19 +0800

Hi Milind,

Thanks for the recommendation for Windows HIDS.
AIDE is a similar-esque HIDS to Tripwire but works on Unix servers. The
Unix Tripwire version is commercial and you have to pay in order to use
it but as a freeware, AIDE works fine.
As per the recommendations of some in this thread, you can have a look
at osiris, http://osiris.shmoo.com
I am still in the process of getting it to work for me but with some
tweaking and time to do the tweaking, it should be working fine.:>

You can also try samhain, http://la-samhna.de/samhain/
I haven't tried it but you should have a look.

Regards,
Alvin