IDS mailing list archives

High School Research Student

From: "alexander" <ralexander () vcmail ouboces org>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 02:22:27 -0400

Hello,

My name is Robert Alexander and I am in a high school research program
known as Science Research.  The Science Research program enables
students to conduct original scientific research independently.  The
program begins during the summer before a student's sophomore year and
culminates at the end of the senior year.  Students receive one New York
State Regents credit per academic year and up to twelve college credits
from the State University of New York at Albany.  Students also compete
in state wide competitions as well as many other prestigious
competitions including the Intel Science Talent Search and the Siemens
Westinghouse Competition.

The Science Research website is located at
http://home.hvc.rr.com/vcasr/index.html, if you would like more
information.

I am researching IDS as a form of network security.  In the upcoming
school year I will be a junior in the course.  I will need to focus my
research and fully develop a research experiment that I will be
conducting in my senior year.  To help students accomplish this task
students must obtain a mentor who would help focus them into a feasible
experiment.

I will limit the requirements upon you, as the mentor, because I
understand that you have a busy life and may have little time for
helping a student. A few e-mails every month is all that will be
required of you.  Any help that could be provided would be greatly
appreciated.  Mentors are always given full credit for the help that
they provide.

If you would like to help or know someone else who may be interested
please contact me at ralexander () vcmail ouboces org.

Thank You.

To all the people that I have contacted already, thank you for your help
and advice.

Robert Alexander
ralexander () vcmail ouboces org

FREE Network Security Webinar - How to implement IPSec security into VPN appliances

New threats and vulnerabilities require new high-performance IPSec VPN solutions for network protection.
Join the security experts from SafeNet on August 26 at 1:00 PM (Eastern), and learn how to successfully integrate IPSec
security into VPN processors and appliances to provide powerful yet cost-effective VPN solutions for your customers.
Register now:

http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/SafeNet_focus-ids_040817