IDS mailing list archives

AIDE Integrity System

From: Anderson|RootSec-Labs| <security () prudenet com br>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 16:53:34 -0200

Hello Pals,
I was installed a AIDE ( Another Intrusion Detection System ) that is a integrity check system into my server, but i'm
having a lot of troubles to execute.

 [/usr/aide]# bin/aide --init
Cannot access config file:${prefix}/etc/aide.conf:No such file or directory
No config defined
Configuration error

i tryed to execute like this:

 [/usr/aide/bin]# ./aide -c aide.conf --init
Couldn't open file ${prefix}/etc/aide.db.new for writing

What i have to do ??

I try to compile --with-gnu-regexp and without... and the result is the same.

--
Anderson Luiz Tamborim  (security () rootsecurity com br)
|CSO |RootSec-Labs| -          Response Incident Corporation|

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.