IDS mailing list archives

Tripwire Manager on linux problem

From: <holger.reichert () holysword de>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 07:16:01 +0100

Dear listmembers,

we have a problem in using Tripwire Manager 4.0 through a remote
x-window session tunneled through ssh. We are able to get the x-window,
but by starting TWM it only shows the welcome screen and nothing else
happens.
Locally everything is fine, but we want to manage
that manager remote ;-)
Until now we havn't found any error message, so no hint, where to go.
The offical statement from Tripwire Support is, we don't support remote
x-windows.
We use a basic installation redhat 9.
I hope that there are some linux experts out there, which have handled
this problem by themselves, or are able and willing to give some advice.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/With kind regards
Holger Reichert

Free trial: Astaro Security Linux -- firewall with Spam/Virus Protection

Protect your network with the comprehensive security solution that integrates
six applications for ease of use and lower TCO.

Firewall - Virus protection - Spam protection - URL blocking - VPN
- Wireless security.

Download 30-day evaluation at:
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/Astaro_focus-ids_040219