IDS mailing list archives

RE: robots.txt access rules

From: "Seymour, Keith E." <KESeymour () magellanhealth com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:12:15 -0500

Federico,

Depending on how attentive you are to the traffic, the rule will alert you to anyone requesting the file. Obviously,
robots should request the file and avoid the listed directories. An attacker or curious visitor will go directly to the
listed directories. If your interested, check your web log after you see this rule fire and you will have some insight
into that visitor.

This is one of the 'it would be nice to know' rules than 'the sky is falling' rule.

Keith