IDS mailing list archives

Snort CVS Moving to cvs.snort.org

From: Martin Roesch <roesch () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 11:44:41 -0400

Effective today the Snort CVS server will be moving from our current hosting at Sourceforge to a brand new server here at snort.org. We've been glad for the free hosting that Sourceforge has offered over the past 3+ years but now that we have the resources available we feel like we can provide something that suits our requirements more fully.

Here are the commands to check out code from the server (on the HEAD branch):

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous () cvs snort org:/cvsroot login
(press <Enter> when prompted for a password)
cvs -d:pserver:anonymous () cvs snort org:/cvsroot co snort

The practical effects of this change to you as Snort users are better server uptime, faster sync times between developer check-ins/availability for anonymous checkouts and no more stale locks preventing code check outs. The server is also hosted on burstable bandwidth at the Sourcefire colo so it should be faster than what we've had in the past, but YMMV based on your local net conditions.

If anyone has any questions or problems, please let me or Jeremy Hewlett <jh () snort org> know.

     -Marty

--
Sourcefire: Intelligent Security Monitoring
roesch () sourcefire com - http://www.sourcefire.com