IDS mailing list archives

Re: IDS Opinions

From: Nik Schild <nikschild () gmx net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 08:15:46 +0200

Hello

why is nobody talking about prelude (http://www.prelude-ids.org)? It's
supposed to perform much better than snort and fits better into large
environments, it's much more felxible becasue prelude is more a
framework than just a single IDS. Till now I did not have the chance to
have a closer look to prelude, but I would really be interested in
experiences made by some others.

thanks
nik

crayola () optonline net wrote:
Folks, I am currently in the middle of an RFP process to buy a new Network ids system for my company. I have narrowed it down to Sourcefire's, Dragon (Enterasys), and Symantec's manhunt. I would love to hear your opinions about these products if you use or have used them. Anything you can share would be great. I am really looking for some nonsales type opinions about how they work in the real world. Thanks, Mike