IDS mailing list archives

RE: SDEE vs IDMEF ?

From: "Rob Shein" <shoten () starpower net>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 15:34:06 -0500

The consortium behind SDEE dates back to 1998, according to the press
release:
"ICSA Labs formed the IDSC consortium in 1998 to provide product developers
an open forum within which they could work towards common goals. "
So my guess is that they started before IDMEF began (if one of the first
things they did was start working towards what is now called SDEE), or they
got tired of waiting for IDMEF and decided to take care of it themselves.