IDS mailing list archives

Re: Suggestions

From: whitty reeve <whitty () reeve com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:21:22 -0800

Hey, you're going to have to figure out some way of making this AI learn. I
suggest a neural net, and when it learns something it connects neurons
together. When something is learned, tested, fork that neuron set, and each
time you have a new intrusion learned, it will have a much faster reaction
time. The problem is, your system will have to connect the 'dots.' This means
that atleast one system will have to be infected/intruded for it to know that
something 'bad' happened, and want to prevent against it next time. I suppose
this could be linked to a huge network, so when ever a computer is infected
it uploads the new neuron set to some kind of data base, effectively making
that kind of intrusion impossible on all machines running this software.