IDS mailing list archives

RE: TippingPoint Releases Open Source Code for FirstIntrusionPrevention Test Tool, Tomahawk

From: "Mitchell Ashley" <mitchell () stillsecure com>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 10:56:58 -0700

Lets face it, any "open" IPS testing tool released by any IPS vendor will
have little industry or customer credibility. This is reminiscent of the
early RDMBS days when the vendors created their own proprietary benchmarks.
They had little credibility until the benchmark tests we defined, specified
and improved by industry standards groups.

Caveat emptor.

. . .
Mitchell Ashley
CTO
StillSecure

303-881-9353 Mobile
303-381-3880 Fax

www.stillsecure.com
Reducing your risk has never been this easy.
. . .
The information transmitted is intended only for the person to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential material. Review or other use of this
information by persons other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If
you've received this in error, please contact the sender and delete from any
computer.