IDS mailing list archives

Re: Bot and Bot Nets

From: Nick Black <dank () qemfd net>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 02:12:31 -0500

Blyth A J C (Comp) assumed the extended riemann hypothesis and showed:
I an in the process of conducting a Research Project on how to stop Bots
and Bot-Nets. As part of that research project I am looking for people
who have captured a bots to please forward it to me so that it can for
part of our analysis. Please send all BOTS to the following address:

You may want to speak with a few members of Wenke Lee's IDS team at the
Georgia Tech Information Security Center (http://www.gtisc.gatech.edu/),
especially David Dagon.  They were looking into this topic the last time
I caught up, prior to RAID 2004.

--
nick black                  "np:  the class of dashed hopes and idle dreams."

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.