IDS mailing list archives

Re: Wishlist for IPS Products

From: PS R <secureyourself () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:36:27 -0400

We have gotten off topic, but to complete the thought:
Is it fair to assume by your last comments about working for ISS and
panning Tipping Point that ISS' Proventia appliance would detect the
scenario you outlined below?  If so, is it blocked out of the box?
Can someone on the list test this with a Proventia box?

Back on topic (and soapbox)
Is there nothing else that the IPS/IDS user community wants from
future IPS appliances?  I see this as an opportunity to really outline
the roadmap that vendors should be taking.  It is the lack of good
input on forums like this that results in developers who aren't
security savvy creating products that aren't what the public wants.

Jack