IDS mailing list archives

MPLS IDS question

From: "Pierre A. Cadieux" <hobbit () theshire com>
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 18:49:31 -0700

Hello List,

I was wondering if anyone has yet had the pleasure of rolling out an IDS to an MPLS environment?

At this point it looks as if MPLS is one of the networking directions being used within my work environment, and I was hoping that someone has already tackled or at least identified any issues that should be considered when planning IDS deployment to monitor MPLS.

I am not an MPLS expert, so just getting started with understanding what it is and does/does not provide as far as complexity.

Any insight is appreciated.

->Pierre A. Cadieux CISSP

Stop hurting your network!

The NeVO passive vulnerability sensor continuously finds vulnerabilities, applications and new hosts without the need for network scanning. It also finds compromised systems with application-based intrusion detection. Go to http://www.tenablesecurity.com/products/nevo.shtml to learn more.