IDS mailing list archives

Re: CISCOs new IPS

From: Mike Johnson <mike () enoch org>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 14:00:36 -0500

Gary Halleen (ghalleen) wrote:
Actually, that's not quite correct, Billy?

Cisco IPS 5.0 is just around the corner, and is a full-fledged
appliance-based IPS product.  It will support various drop actions, as well
as traffic normalization and antivirus/antiworm.

Can you explain this a little more? We have a few 4240's in place now (not inline, obviously), and we're looking forward to 5.0 (though getting more and more annoyed at the slipping ship dates), so I'd love to go ahead and get a head start on some of the new features.

And while I'm at it, am I totally missing a way to get a look at the actual packets that trigger the alerts?

Mike

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT. Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708 to learn more.