IDS mailing list archives

Seeking feedback on new IDS/IPS/SEM

From: "Security Focus" <Security.Focus () comcast net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 16:56:42 -0500

Hello all,

I know an Info Assurance manager at a federal entity that emailed me about
some technology being evaluated within DHS.  The technology appears to merge
the functionality of a SEM with an IPS, but more importantly it seems to
make blocking decisions from a centralized layer instead of on the wire, and
it goes one step further and describes some kind of patented bi-directional
transport that interconnects firewalls, NIDS,IPS, and servers, from a
contextual standpoint.

I have never heard of the company or technology but thought it was worth a
look since it's under evaluation with DHS and apparently others within DoD.

Anybody here heard of this product or company? If so, can anyone tell me of
any commercial deployments that I can reference? The company is at
www.experium.us but do not see any references on their site.

thank you.

-MD

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.