IDS mailing list archives

Host-Based Intrusion Detection/Prevention. Which will you select? (Requirements within)

From: mark12_30 () hotmail com
Date: 15 Jul 2005 08:20:21 -0000

Hello,

I'm interested in the general feel from people about what should be used in the following scenario:

- Large corporation (4000+ servers)
- Looking for Host-Based IDS/IPS for key servers
- Established 24x7 monitoring team
- Solution has to pick up common exploits (Buffer Overruns & API calls etc)
- Has large, established network IDS
- Only deploying on windows win2k & 2003 servers (web, email, app, db etc)
- Conservative windows server management group
- Implementing point solution SIEM (eg arcsight etc)

Given the above situation, what would you recomment?  I understand from a lot of research that HIPS is gathering
momentum.  Any thoughts would be great, esp suggestions on products

Thank you

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.