IDS mailing list archives

Re: ids implementation

From: Richard Bejtlich <taosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 08:04:20 -0400

On 18 Jul 2005 14:20:25 -0000, yogeshmalik77 () hotmail com
<yogeshmalik77 () hotmail com> wrote:
hi,

how we can deploy an IDS in a network, where should we install the IDS and how
the packets will go through that node is a switched networ?

Regards
Yogesh

Hello,

Chapter 3 of my first book addresses sensor deployment issues
exclusively.  My next book (Extrusion Detection) is a sequel that
expands on Chapter 3 with a new chapter discussing more recent
techniques and technologies, but it won't be available until December.
[1]

The first book is online at Safari, which means you can use the 14 day
free trial to read whatever portion you like.  [2]

Sincerely,

Richard
http://www.taosecurity.com

[1] http://www.taosecurity.com/books.html
[2] http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0321246772

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.