IDS mailing list archives

RE: NetFlow for IDS

From: Mark Teicher <mht3 () earthlink net>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 20:13:50 -0400

I would add Nagios, NeoSecure by Guarded.Net and Concord Networks Spectrum to the list.

At 09:27 PM 7/20/2005, Ron Gula wrote:
At 12:21 PM 7/18/2005, Gary Halleen (ghalleen) wrote:
That list is handy, but incomplete.

Cisco MARS should be added.  MARS is a SIM product that receives log
information from various sources (firewalls, routers, switches, IDS/IPS,
host logs, antivirus, and more).  It also receives netflow, and can
provide very useful security-related information based on it.

Gary

Along those lines, you can add any SIM that has a netflow agent or
a log analyzer that can read someone else's netflow logs. Tenable's
Thunder will do netflow in our 2.0 release and a quick survey of
other SIMs saw other folks had netflow agents as well.

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?