IDS mailing list archives

IDS\IPS that can handle one Gig

From: "Brian Blankenship" <security () packetinfo net>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 13:53:45 -0400

Randall,

The UnityOne-1200's we purchased from TippingPoint are working out well for
us. We have four units, each has four gig fiber segments. I don't know what
the max aggregate has been, based upon traffic research prior to install it
should be in the 600-1000Mbps range.   No problems with throughput.

-brian

--
Opinions expressed are either that of my own, or someone else's.

Greetings,

We are currently evaluating IDS\IPS vendors. We have tried two vendors, whom
I will not name unless you ask me, that have made claims that they can
handle a Gig of through put but actually start to fail around the 300-500MB
range.

Could anyone share a success story of a vendor they are using that is
handling this type of traffic?

Thanks in advance,

-RGJ

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it with real-world attacks from
CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.