IDS mailing list archives

RE: Denial of Service: Commercial Defense products

From: "Talisker" <lists () securitywizardry com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 20:15:02 -0000

Hi Ogle,
Nice list of products, I'm missing a few and would like to use your
information.  I have independent details on many other attack mitigation
systems at http://www.securitywizardry.com/idsdosmit.htm these are
predominantly rate based products, it may also be worth you looking at the
increasing number of Intrusion Prevention Systems that possess a hybrid
combination of both rate and content based protection these are listed at
http://www.securitywizardry.com/inline.htm the overheads in managing and
monitoring the latter products are a little higher but well worth the
investment

Good luck

Andy Cuff
Chief Technology Officer