IDS mailing list archives

Re: HIDS solution for NT4 machines

From: bcihak () gmail com
Date: 6 Oct 2005 14:37:14 -0000

We did think about putting an IDS/IPS device in front of the NT4 machines or even a Cisco Pix FW, but the expense
knocked that idea down. Some of the boxes are already on segregated networks in some of our manufacturing plants, but
someone could plug an infected system up unknowingly to that network segment and then game over.   I know we're not the
only company out there that unfortunately has NT4 machines running, I'm just surprised that there's not a company out
there servicing this area.

I looked at Osiris and am trying to figure out if that will work for our needs or not.  I'd appreciate any other
software/hardware ideas you guys might have.

Thank!

Bcihak

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/CoreSecurity_focus-ids_040708
to learn more.