IDS mailing list archives

Re: Open Source IDS Solution?

From: phani shastry <phanishastry () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 16:38:56 +0530

Hai I am Phani
I hardly believe in the open source IDS as a possible solution to the
existing problems.But I am sure it would help a long way.I am not sure
the way an open source IDS can help the existing problems .For example
, the biggest problem is updating the signature base for IDS. I donot
see any way an open source IDS can help to improve our current
engineering expertise of IDS. Ullike the Operating systems and ther
software whose funcionality of clearly defined IDS is a not clear at
the conceptual level itself. I would be happy if any body can offer
suggestions in this respect.