IDS mailing list archives

Re: Ability for SIM to perform tcp stream reassembly

From: Merik Karman <merik () merik net>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 08:23:32 +1000

We are doing this in Australia with SenSage. It is not technically a SIM, more a long term data repository and search faciltiy.
It does however have some real-time capabilities in the newest version.

Anyway we record snaplen 0 tcpdump and store it in sensage and then find strings very quickly and then even reconstruct sessions.

Regards

MK