IDS mailing list archives

syslogs for windows

From: Felipe Kaufmann <felipe.kaufmann () unifr ch>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:04:03 +0200

Hi there,

I'm in need of a syslog server running on Windows, in order to gather syslog messages from UNIX hosts. I also want to parse those messages with some kind of rule system and, if necessary, forward critical messages so in the end I get kind of a log file based little IDS. I've looked at different commercial products like Kiwi Syslog, Winsyslog and Sl4NT. They all look good so far and seem to fit the requirements more or less, so I was wondering if anyone has alaready some experience with those products, recommendations or suggestions for other alternatives!

thanks in advance for any hints,
fk

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?