IDS mailing list archives

RE: IPS Reliability/Availability

From: "Alan Shimel" <ashimel () stillsecure com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:43:19 -0500

Guys

Without data on what rules are turned on and what type of traffic you are
putting through the box, all of this data is at best very suspect. We put
the same box you guys are talking about through every conceivable test and I
know for a fact the numbers don't add up.  In fact in speaking to the mfr.
They confirmed that they have not seen the throughput they advertise in what
we would consider real world conditions.

 Lets see 3rd party data!

alan

StillSecure
Alan Shimel
Chief Strategy Officer

O 303.381.3815
C 516.857.7409
F 303.381.3881
email ashimel () stillsecure com
blog http://ashimmy.typepad.com

www.stillsecure.com
to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential material.
Review or other use of this information by persons other than
the intended recipient is prohibited. If you've received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete
from any computer.