IDS mailing list archives

Re: IPS in the Enterprise UTM Firewall testing results

From: "Ravi Chunduru" <ravi.is.chunduru () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 22:36:37 -0800

Am I right in saying that block rate is low, but detection rate could
be lot higher. Are there any results on vulnerability detection rate
by these devices? I don't find this kind of result in the report. I
think another important factor in IPS is its false positive rate. Was
this testing also done? I don't seem to find results on this item in
the report.

Any comments on low performance of these devices.  It appears that
some of these devices are suitable for Enterprise Edge and are not
suitable for Enterprise-Core.

Ravi