IDS mailing list archives

Re: Bayesian IDS...help

From: "Gleb Paharenko" <gpaharenko () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 17:17:33 +0200

Hi.

Spamassasin uses bayasian for anomaly detection in mail. Perhaps you
can find there some useful things.

2008/1/31, Dinakara <om_dinu () indiatimes com>:

Hi there,

    I am working on Anomaly based Network IDS...
    Statistical based technique is simple but not quite effective in real
scenario...
    I understand Bayesian classifier/Network is  more effective in the
context of anomaly detection,
    but i have very little idea about Bayesian approach for IDS...
    Can someone please help me out, i want to know  how to go about it and
if there are any open source
    anomaly based tool available (bayesian IDS) ...

Thanks in advance..

--

Test Your IDS

Is your IDS deployed correctly?
Find out quickly and easily by testing it
with real-world attacks from CORE IMPACT.
Go to http://www.coresecurity.com/index.php5?module=Form&action=impact&campaign=intro_sfw
to learn more.

--
Best regards.